Today’s a special day, at least for me… I even asked off work! So… we’re really getting really to celebrate!
Aside from it actually feeling like fall outside (can I get an AMEN), it’s ma birthday!! I thought it would be fun to share some of the greatest lessons I’ve learned in the past 19 years,
- Because I love reading other people’s lists, and
- Because it’s a chance for me to reflect!!
And those are two very cool things!! So, I hope you enjoy!!
- Everyday work/study isn’t always glamorous. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t important.
- Family is everything. So, get over your sorry self and accept it every once and a while.
- Half-butt jobs aren’t worth your time. Do it right, or don’t do it at all.
- Just like you’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies, 4 or 5 great friends are all you really need. Thank YOU, ladies!!!
- Instagram themes aren’t the be-all and end-all of life. (Thank goodness!!)
- Life is hard. Really hard. But the lessons you learn from those rough spots are priceless.
- Some of the most important people in your life will likely come out of nowhere.
- Faith can get you through it. End of story.
- Never take your health for granted. It’s not a guarantee.
- Strive for empathy in all things
- Just do the thing that scares you. You won’t regret it.
- The glass is half full. Now it’s your job to fill it to the top with goodness.
- Never let the bad occupy more space than the good.
- Even if it’s small, you can make a difference in whatever you put your mind to.
- Glean on other’s knowledge whenever you can. Chances are, you can learn something!
- Comparison is the enemy of all happiness. Everyone’s story is different and unique, so no need to compare!
- Go for a walk, drink some water, sleep, get up early! Do what you know you need to do to treat yourself right!!
- You are loved. No man, or woman, needs to validate that. So don’t settle!
- Life is full of blessings! So, keep your eyes open. Even when it doesn’t feel like it, they are everywhere!!
I hope you all have a beautiful day!!!